Alliance for Housing and Healing is a non-profit organization founded 35 years ago with a mission to mitigate the interrelated problems of homelessness and chronic diseases like HIV/AIDS. We have since evolved to become a major provider of human services in Los Angeles County, serving over 2,000 people annually. With an annual budget of $12M, we provide direct housing to chronically homeless persons and their families living with HIV/AIDS; connect homeless patients experiencing high barriers to acuity with permanent supportive housing and other wraparound services; and increase client access to care and support. By reducing chronic homelessness, we reduce HIV/AIDS viral loads and eliminate the disease for the next generation.
Alliance for Housing and Healing is looking for a Housing Locator to fill a position located in our Long Beach or West Hollywood office. The Housing Locator is responsible to work with landlords, owners and property managers within Los Angeles County to identify housing opportunities and secure a housing inventory for Alliance for Housing and Healing homeless clients.
· Create and implement a landlord recruitment and retention plan.
· Set up meetings with new owners and property managers to explain rental assistance programs and support services
· Negotiate with landlords experiencing conflict with tenants to find compromise and solutions to problems to avoid client evictions
· Maintain awareness of changes in rental market and resources that may impact housing inventory and landlord participation
· Maintain a database of owners and landlords working with the agency.
· Collaborate with designated agency staff regarding issues that may affect client tenancy
· Educate staff and clients on federal, state and local fair housing laws.
· Complete reports and statistical data requests to maintain compliance with agency funders
· Minimum of two years’ experience in Property Management.
· Experience in Sales/Marketing
· Demonstrated knowledge of fair housing laws and practices
· Understanding of the homeless population and willingness to house our vulnerable clientele
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills with a solution oriented approach.
· Experience with Microsoft Office Suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Background check clearance required
· TB screening required annually
· Access to a car, current California driver’s license, and insurance, with good driving record.
What we offer:
· Competitive salary
· ZERO cost medical insurance for employee (Kaiser platinum HMO)
· 10 paid holidays per year plus 2 floating holidays per year
· Fulfilling work in a highly diverse and inclusive environment
Alliance for Housing and Healing is an equal opportunity employer. We want to have the best available persons in every job. Alliance’s policy prohibits discrimination based on medical conditions, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, breastfeeding or related medical conditions, perceived medical conditions, race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, sex, gender, perceived sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status, Uniform Service Member and Veteran status, transgender status, sex stereotypes, domestic partner status, political affiliation or belief or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation. All such discrimination is unlawful. Alliance is committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. Alliance’s anti-discrimination policy applies to all persons involved in the operation of Alliance and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of Alliance, including supervisors, co-workers, and third parties doing business with Alliance such as vendors, independent contractors, unpaid interns, volunteers, and others doing business with Alliance. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including advertising, recruitment, testing, selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
Alliance will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Any employment agency, person or entity that submits a résumé to Alliance, or to a hiring manager does so with the understanding that the applicant’s résumé will become the property of Alliance. Alliance will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity. Alliance, will only work with agencies who have currently executed fee agreements with Alliance and have been engaged on a search.
Job Type: Full-time