This is a position for a highly motivated, energetic person with strong leadership skills who enjoys growing and building leaders and programs within organizations. This person will drive new program and staff development, outcome measurement and carefully monitor progress toward those efforts. The Chief Program Officer will be someone excited about the roots of our formation during the AIDS crisis and our focus on the future to continue to make an increasingly significant contribution to the most vulnerable persons living on the streets in Los Angeles county.
The Chief Program Officer will report to the Executive Director and join our senior management team passionate about expanding its capacity to address the barriers to ending homelessness. The Chief Program Officer will join a highly collaborative organization and directly supervise 4 program directors that support the primary functions of the department and oversee a staff of more than 70 employees. The Chief Program Officer will ensure superior contract compliance and reporting.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Leadership and Management
– The Chief Program Director (CPO) has overall responsibility for the quality of all direct care staff, their supervisors as well as all program staff.
– The CPO is expected to be a staff development/leadership training/delegation superstar. This person is expected to attract, retain, train, supervise, coach, and be committed to the professional development of his/her staff. He/she is to hold himself/herself and staff accountable for high quality work and achievement of goals.
– The CPO must ensure excellent contract compliance and reporting.
– The CPO must take the lead and primary responsibility in response to governmental Requests for Proposals.
– The CPO must develop and implement policies that ensure clients receive services as defined by the scope of services to be delivered in governmental contracts and other grants and as otherwise required by the organization.
– The CPO must monitor programs and implement procedures to ensure program excellence by internal and governmental contractual standards, preparing internal and external reports to publish these successful outcomes.
– The Chief Program Officer ensures that contractual spending is in alignment with funding requirements and manages scopes of services efficiently.
– The CPO ensures compliance with federal and state regulations that include HIPAA and ADA.
– The CPO must be an ambassador of the organization’s mission and donor base, fully vested in the supportive culture that built and continues to build our organization founded more than 30 years ago.
– The Chief Program Officer must support the Development and Communications Department efforts through site visits, program presentations, events, and participation in grant writing.
– The Chief Program Officer must assist in the development of the program budget and and monitor the program budget and program expenditures.
– The CPO must meet regularly with the Executive Director and Chief Financial Officer to review contract expenditures and ensure appropriate allocation of resources.
– Master’s degree in Social Work, Public Administration, Human Services Management, or related field; additional credentials a plus.
– Eight to ten years’ progressive top management experience in a non-profit service environment.
– Analytical perspective, with demonstrated experience in program evaluation and application of outcome measurements, and best practices.
– Experience with building programs and collaborations. Prefer experience in the creation, implementation, evaluation, and management of programs for underserved communities.
– Innovative and creative problem solver.
– Possessing practical knowledge and leadership/navigational skills relating to the effects of trauma, social injustice and persistent poverty and enjoyment of building programs that help individuals and/or families gain pathways out. Understanding of homelessness and housing systems a plus.
– Excellent coach to nurture leaders and effective at delegation, and holding self and others accountable.
– Organized leader with excellent verbal and written communications skills providing the ability to persuade others in a positive way.
– Ability to create and implement systems throughout the service delivery system and multiple locations.
– Experience with government contracts, contract management and compliance
– Ability to motivate and build relationships and partnerships at all levels, both internal and external.
-Proven strategic thinker, problem solver, and able to manage multiple priorities.
– Experience working with a wide range of people from diverse ethnic, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, social and cultural backgrounds.
– Ability to function as an effective change agent, bringing people along to create organizational improvement
– Expert at conceptualizing and creating processes and procedures for prioritizing and evaluating options in services and budgets
– Familiarity with HIV and AIDS issues, and the ability to respond empathetically to persons living with HIV.
– Competency working with our client population, which includes 1) persons who are experiencing or who have experienced homelessness; 2) persons with dual diagnoses; 3) persons with substance abuse challenges; 4) persons living with HIV/AIDS; 5) persons who identify with the LGBT community.
– Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
– Valid California Driver’s License, Insurance and good driving history
– Reliable vehicle and appropriate insurance coverage
– Background clearance before hire
– TB clearance before employment and on a yearly basis
Job Type: Full-time, Exempt
Location: Los Angeles (Eagle Rock), CA (Required)
Hours per Week: More than 40 (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Paid time off
Healthcare flexible spending account
Retirement benefits or accounts
Compensation is competitive and will be commensurate with experience.
*PLEASE READ THIS:
Please send 1) a resume and 2) a customized cover letter with subject line “Chief Program Officer” to Terry Goddard II at email@example.com.
Incomplete submittals will not be considered. Please do NOT submit your resume more than once.
Responses that do not follow these application directions will not be considered.