As the Grants Manager your primary role will be to translate what we do into concise and clear writing across all our writing needs. You will also work closely with the other members of the development team, and will serve an important role as the team information gatherer.
- Write and manage the submission process for proposals, letters of inquiry, correspondence, and other fundraising collateral materials
- Articulate programmatic activities and data and distill in clear, compelling language for funders with varied interests.
- Ensure grant and reporting deadlines are met and funders are regularly updated on activities and achievements; ensure all grant requirements are met
- Identify and research grant prospects including family foundations, large foundations, corporate giving, and government funders.
- Assist with creating individualized cultivation plans for funding prospects, as needed.
What We’re Looking For:
The ideal candidate is a very strong writer with a background in resource development, grant writing, and grants management. The ideal candidate will also have a strong interest in marginalized communities, and the communication skills to be able to work effectively
A solid understanding of philanthropy and fundraising practices. Minimum of two years related experience required, including writing complex written material, managing proposal submission processes, and grant compliance.
- Excellent written and editing skills. Comfortable with managing budgets, grant attachments, and grant proposal requirements
- Ability to participate in all aspects of the organization and synthesize and translate what you learn verbally and in writing.
- Ability to make decisions independently.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage and meet multiple deadlines
- Skilled in Google Docs, PPT, Salesforce (or similar donor database), and Salsa Labs. (Bonus if you have skills in InDesign, Adobe, etc.)
- Familiarity with foundations and grant-making institutions
To apply please submit cover letter and resume to Jack Lorenz: firstname.lastname@example.org