TITLE: Housing Locator/Property Management
PROGRAM: HOPWA Regional Housing Services
SUPERVISOR: Regional Director of Housing Services
POSITION SUMMARY: Alliance for Housing and Healing is looking for Housing Locators to fill positions available at each of our offices located in Long Beach and Eagle Rock. The Housing Locator is responsible to work with landlords, owners and property managers within Los Angeles County to identify housing opportunities and secure a housing inventory for Alliance for Housing and Healing homeless clients.
- Create and implement a landlord recruitment and retention plan.
- Set up meetings with new owners and property managers to explain rental assistance programs and support services.
- Negotiate with landlords experiencing conflict with tenants to find compromise and solutions to problems to avoid client evictions.
- Maintain awareness of changes in rental market and resources that may impact housing inventory and landlord participation.
- Maintain a database of owners and landlords working with the agency.
- Collaborate with designated agency staff regarding issues that may affect client tenancy.
- Educate staff and clients on federal, state and local fair housing laws.
- Complete reports and statistical data requests to maintain compliance with agency funders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in Property Management.
- Experience in Sales/Marketing.
- Demonstrated knowledge of fair housing laws and practices.
- Understanding of the homeless population and willingness to house our vulnerable clientele.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills with a solution oriented approach.
- Access to a car, ability to travel county-wide.
- CA driver’s license and auto insurance.
- Background check clearance.
- Annual TB clearance.
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter with preferred office location to Darién Acevedo at email@example.com.
Alliance for Housing and Healing is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, medical condition, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation or opinion, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.