The Housing Locator is responsible to work with landlords, owners and property managers within Los Angeles County to identify housing opportunities and secure a housing inventory for Alliance for Housing and Healing homeless clients. This includes educating prospective landlords, owners and management firms how subsidy programs work and services that will be provided. The Housing Locator provides support and guidance to property managers with the intention of mitigating tenant related issues and the deterrence of evictions.
• Create and implement a landlord recruitment and retention plan.
• Set up meetings with new owners and property managers to explain rental assistance programs and support services.
• Build long term relationships with owners and property managers to maintain and increase their participation.
• Negotiate with landlords experiencing conflict with tenants to find compromise and solutions to problems to avoid client evictions.
• Maintain awareness of changes in rental market and resources that may impact housing inventory and landlord participation.
• Maintain a database of owners and landlords working with the agency.
• Collaborate with designated agency staff regarding issues that may affect client tenancy.
• Educate staff and clients on federal, state and local fair housing laws.
• Complete reports and statistical data requests to maintain compliance with agency funders.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of two years’ experience in Property Management.
• Experience in Sales/Marketing.
• Demonstrated knowledge of fair housing laws and practices.
• Understanding of the homeless population and willingness to house our vulnerable clientele.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills with a solution oriented approach.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively with agency staff.
• Ability to be comfortable in a flexible and growth oriented environment.
• Must have a car, ability to travel county-wide.
• CA driver’s license and auto insurance.
• Background check clearance.
• Annual TB clearance.
Please send you resume and cover letter to Yesenia Akers at firstname.lastname@example.org and Caroline McKiernan at email@example.com.