A Housing Specialist is responsible for assisting clients with housing search and placement along with leveraging supportive services that will assist the client to maintain permanent housing, and establishing collaborative relationships with community-based organizations.
• Conduct client intake, assessment and formulate housing plans to assess housing barriers and determine housing and service needs • Identify, refer and link clients to appropriate resources
• Provide monthly follow-up, including home visits to provide on-site supportive services to ensure housing retention
• Assist clients in completing applications for housing and financial assistance programs.
• Teach basic life skills and educate clients about neighborhood amenities, services and transportation.
• Apply knowledge and educate clients about tenant rights and responsibilities.
• Maintain a complete organized working file, case notes and copies of all corresponding paperwork of client participation and progress towards goals and objectives.
• Maintain statistical client data, including entering client data into organizational database
• Attend mandatory meetings, trainings, supervisory sessions and stay abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of assisted public housing programs.
• Bachelor’s Degree in social work or related field or a minimum of three years of experience in direct service as a Case Manager with HIV/AIDS clients, homeless clients or clients with other chronic illnesses
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel)
• Demonstrated ability to learn how to use other databases effectively (i.e., Salesforce) • Background check clearance required
• TB screening required annually
• Access to a car, current California driver’s license, and insurance, with good driving record.
• This is a full-time, nonexempt position
What we offer:
• Competitive salary
• ZERO cost medical insurance for employee (Kaiser platinum HMO)
• 10 paid holidays per year plus 2 floating holidays per year
• Fulfilling work in a highly diverse and inclusive environment
Please send you resume and cover letter to Michelle Camacho at firstname.lastname@example.org and Caroline McKiernan at email@example.com.