POSITION SUMMARY: The Data Specialist verifies information and makes changes to database records when necessary; will run routine reports and perform training and clerical duties. Assist with the creation and testing of new database functions. Assist with populating organizational data with other county-wide systems. The Database Specialist position will be based out of our Eagle Rock office with occasional visits to our West Hollywood and Long Beach offices as well.
· Monitor the creation of new accounts to look for duplication;
· Merge duplicate accounts;
· Use manual sharing settings to allow access to records across programs;
· Review pertinent data to find anomalies;
· Perform data entry for certain programs;
· Run reports for programs;
· Assist in the testing & development of new functions within Salesforce;
· Perform quality checks across programs;
· Review program guidelines to ensure appropriate data is being collected;
· Aid in the creation of best practices for the system;
· Coordinate requests for IT assistance from staff with contracted vendors in the absence of the IT Coordinator
· Provide ongoing training to staff;
· Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
· Database Administration experience required
· Bachelor’s Degree or Salesforce training helpful
· Effective communication skills, both verbal and written;
· Well-organized and detail-oriented with the ability to handle multiple task while meeting deadlines;
· Sensitivity to cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of population served;
· Ability to work independently, collaboratively with service providers or professionals as part of a team;
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office;
· TB screening required annually; Background check required as a part of the hiring process.
Alliance for Housing and Healing is an equal opportunity employer. We want to have the best available persons in every job. Alliance’s policy prohibits discrimination based on medical conditions, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, breastfeeding or related medical conditions, perceived medical conditions, race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, sex, gender, perceived sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status, Uniform Service Member and Veteran status, transgender status, sex stereotypes, domestic partner status, political affiliation or belief or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation. All such discrimination is unlawful. Alliance is committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. Alliance’s anti-discrimination policy applies to all persons involved in the operation of Alliance and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of Alliance, including supervisors, co-workers, and third parties doing business with Alliance such as vendors, independent contractors, unpaid interns, volunteers, and others doing business with Alliance. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including advertising, recruitment, testing, selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
Alliance will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Any employment agency, person or entity that submits a résumé to Alliance, or to a hiring manager does so with the understanding that the applicant’s résumé will become the property of Alliance. Alliance will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity. Alliance, will only work with agencies who have currently executed fee agreements with Alliance and have been engaged on a search.