The Program Assistant is responsible for providing clerical and organizational support to the West Hollywood Regional Office and performs all duties in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
• Serve clients and visitors by greeting, welcoming in a professional manner, and directing them appropriately. • Answer and address incoming phone calls in a timely and polite manner • Inform visitors by answering or referring inquiries. • Determine visitor needs in a professional manner. • Provide clerical support including, but not limited to, filing documents accurately, maintaining equipment and reporting any malfunctions • Performs inventory of office supplies and orders what is needed according to office protocol. • Maintain an attentive posture. • Represent organization in an ethical and professional manner
• Inform prospective clients of the full range of services available within the region.
• Effectively communicate and consult with the team to ensure timely follow up.
• Facilitate meetings; including setting agenda items; record and transcribe minutes and meeting notifications.
• Perform data entry into various database systems.
• Receive deliveries, sort and route incoming mail and prepare and deliver outgoing mail. • Assume other responsibilities as assigned.
• High School diploma or GED equivalent required; College degree in related field preferred.
• Must have access to a car, valid CA driver’s license, proof of CA auto insurance, and ability to travel countywide. • Successful work experience in a front office setting or in another clerical position.
• One-year prior experience in a social work environment working with clients, preferred.
• Fluency in the English language is required. Fluency in Spanish is preferred.
• Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Sensitivity to cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of population served.
• Well-organized and detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects.
• The ability to work collaboratively with other personnel and or service providers or professionals.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and comfortable working with various database platforms.
• TB screening required annually.
Please send you resume and cover letter to Michelle Camacho at firstname.lastname@example.org.