We Are Now Hiring: Financial Assistance Program Manager
Alliance’s Financial Assistance Department processes and funds applications for various rental, utilities and financial assistance programs for very low-income individuals and families. The Financial Assistance
Program Manager is responsible for the overall operation of the department, including direct supervision and management of staff and implementation of programmatic policies and procedures to ensure contract compliance.
- Manages overall contract administration and develops and implements program policies and procedures in accordance with contract requirements.
- Provides direct supervision to program staff in accordance with organization’s policies and procedures and contractual requirements.
- Assigns workload and other work-related tasks to staff.
- Facilitates team meetings and individual supervisory sessions with staff.
- Provides training and technical assistance and support to community partners submitting financial assistance applications on behalf of their clients.
- Coordinates and document financial assistance application appeals in accordance with government contracts and organization’s policies and procedures.
- Establishes positive working relationships with government contractors and community partners.
- Monitors program/client files, conduct audits and implement quality assurance procedures.
- Reviews and monitors the program’s progress in achieving its goals and objectives.
- Prepares internal/external reports on client services and activities to private and government funders.
- Maintains statistical client data in internal database and other databases as required by contract policy.
- Makes decisions on suspension or termination of assistance in accordance to contract compliance and agency’s policies and procedures.
- Attends community meetings as needed.
- Outreaches to HIV and non-HIV specific medical care and social service providers;
- Conducts workshops, forums, and presentations to expand awareness of agency services.
- Assumes other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of housing, behavioral or social sciences OR a minimum of three years of experience working with subsidized and/or affordable housing, rental assistance programs or related field required.
- Supervisory experience preferred. Case management experience a plus.
- Comfortable learning and managing multiple databases.
- Knowledgeable about HUD regulations and guidelines; tenant/landlord rights and responsibilities; fair housing law.
- Knowledgeable about community resources.
- Computer skills (MS, Word, Excel, Access).
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Access to a car, valid CA driver’s license, proof of auto insurance, and good driving record.
- TB clearance required upon hire and updated annually.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Darién Acevedo at email@example.com. Also please copy firstname.lastname@example.org on your email when you apply.